Wednesday 15 June 2011

ok so this is a quick blog because I am in the hospital office...but I have so much to say!!!where to begin?
ok so Delhi was nice if not suffocatingly hot, so I mostly enjoyed the indoors and the air conditioning when I was there; am planning on seeing it properly on my return at the end of this month. Although shopping for my salwaar chemis( I think i spelt that wrong), the clothes I am going to wear in the hospital and what all the women wear here was fun. Still finding it hard to get used to the stares as you walk everywhere, especially when you get asked for a photograph with an entire Indian family, not looking your best!
i then took a car ride with another girl from the hospital (laura very nice american girl) up to Mussoorie...the 9 hour (should've been 7) journey was an experience and the classic lane system we enjoy in the uk doesn't seem to apply in India, I'm pretty sure I am deaf now because of the constant horn beeping, and there were moments where I was seriously fearing for my life!
Ok so Mussoorie, it's 6000m above sea level i believe, it's very mountainous and extremely beautiful, and thankfully not as hot as delhi! the hospital is a mission hospital that just recently had a massive $1million refurb so it is quite (well by heres standards) pretty modern. my room is nice, it has an en suite and a double bed, plus the added bonus of a family of monkeys ouside my window that come and visit me every so often.
Having laura around is really good because she has been showing me everything, and it seems nobody else is around to explain anything so I've been making it up as I go along. There has also been the welcome arrival of 2 other girls; both medical students one canadian and one american who have been really fun and I have been exploring mussoorie with them. one of them is travelling around when i am so i think we're gonna do it together!
However when it was my turn to act as guide for them we kinda got a little bit lost in the mountains...not really bad except for the fact that apparently there are bears and leopards and tigers in the mountains, not to mention the rabid dogs - don't worry mum and dad we were perfectly safe...i think...(it was only after this trip did I tell them the story of getting lost on the way to Mcdonalds that one time lizzie and katy).
Hospital wise it's minly good alothough sometimes there isn't time to translate so i don't really know what's going on but i've been seeing loads of stuff.
Ok that's probs all for now...I've probably left loads out...pictures to follow. love to you all! x
p.s. mum if your trying to ring me i've had some issues topping up my phone but will get it sorted next time i can be bothered to walk down the massive hill!x

No comments:

Post a Comment