Wednesday 8 June 2011

farewell uk!

So while I sit in Heathrow airport waiting for my flight to Delhi (eek),full of waggamamma(the last one for a while I imagine.) And still feeling sad after saying bye to all my housemates(I hope you girls have an amazing summer)...I thought I'd make a start on this blog. After spending the past 3days packing and scrubbing my house in uni(in a bid to get at least some of the deposit back) I am relieved to be actually finally going...well relieved and terrified! My terror was not helped by reading the 'beware woman travellers' section of my lonely planet just before; now I'm scared of being groped as I walk down the street!I suppose its better to know than be suddenly shocked when it happens...never mind I suppose its all of the experience and I'm glad I invested in my argos gold wedding band to ward off any potential admirers!I think its just fear of the unknown and worried I'm not prepared for it.reading my guidebook really highlighted how naive I am!
On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised that the rucksack I'm going to be carrying for the next 3months is only 14kilos! I am very excited for the adventure...let's not forget all the exciting medicine stuff I'm going to encounter!
I am being met at the airport by a lovely lady named zarema and I'll be staying with her so at least ill have a guide to ease me in to the intensity of Delhi and from sat ill be in the more peaceful foothills of the Himalayas! Ok gonna go and catch this flight...ill let you know how it goes!x

No comments:

Post a Comment